Senior Software Engineer
Apply For This Job
Boulder, CO, United States
SnapLogic delivers the industry’s first Elastic Integration Platform to connect enterprise data, applications and The Internet of Things (IoT). Fast, multi-point and modern, SnapLogic’s data integration platform as a service (iPaaS) is built to handle real-time streaming between cloud and on-premise applications and big data integration. Enterprise customers include Adobe, Cisco, Target, and GE.
In December 2016, we announced our latest funding round – $40 million in Series F funding led by European private equity firm Vitruvian Partners, with follow-on investment from Andreessen Horowitz, Capital One, Ignition Partners, NextEquity Partners and Triangle Peak Partners. This supplements our $37.5 million December 2015 financing, bringing a total of $136.3 million in funding to date. With this investment, we can continue to accelerate growth and expand internationally.
- Write “Snaps” – Java components capable of reading/writing/transforming data from various endpoints such as databases, SaaS providers, and local files.
- Rapidly learn about new SaaS products and technology platforms, design a set of Snaps that expose the required functionality, and build tests to validate your code.
- Be able to quickly debug complex Snap issues and figure out the root cause of problems.
- Cycle between projects in weeks rather than years – continually learning about new technology and products.
Required Skills and Experience
- You have strong knowledge of and extensive experience with Java, with a complete understanding of object-oriented programming.
- You appreciate the level of code quality required for successful products and maintenance. You have a demonstrated history of mentoring team members, contributing to agile processes, and leading knowledge transfer sessions.
- You have a customer-centric view of products and processes.
- Experience/exposure to writing testable Java code that consumes web-based API’s (REST and/or SOAP)
- Outstanding communication skills
- Comfortable working with little supervision and a preference for taking the initiative.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with a data/application integration framework/product e.g. Apache Camel, Spring Integration, Mule, Zapier.
- Exposure to JSON and/or XML, with an emphasis on efficiently consuming and producing documents in those formats.
- A strong knowledge of web, database, and security protocols.
- An interest and passion for Big Data- (Hadoop, Spark, Hive etc) and IoT- (MQTT) related technologies.
- You have published or contributed to open-source code on GitHub.
- You have experience with the Maven build tool
- You have a Stack Overflow profile with a history of questions and/or contributions
Why work at SnapLogic besides the awesome technology and team?