Senior Software Engineer
Apply For This Job
Boulder, CO, United States
Boulder, Colorado, USA
The SnapLogic Elastic Integration Platform connects big data, applications and APIs in a Snap. With hundreds of pre-built connectors, called Snaps, and a scale-out architecture designed for enterprise deployments, we’re the industry’s only integration platform as a service (iPaaS) built to handle real-time data synchronization between cloud and on-premise applications (Salesforce, Workday, ServiceNow, SAP) and big data integration requirements (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MongoDB).
In December 2016, we announced our latest funding round – $40 million in Series F funding led by European private equity firm Vitruvian Partners, with follow-on investment from Andreessen Horowitz, Capital One, Ignition Partners, NextEquity Partners and Triangle Peak Partners. This supplements our $37.5 million December 2015 financing, bringing a total of $136.3 million in funding to date. With this investment, we can continue to accelerate growth and expand internationally.
- Write “Snaps” – Java components capable of reading/writing/transforming data from various endpoints such as databases, SaaS providers, and local files.
- Rapidly learn about new SaaS products and technology platforms, design a set of Snaps that expose the required functionality, and build tests to validate your code.
- Be able to quickly debug complex Snap issues and figure out the root cause of problems.
- Cycle between projects in weeks rather than years – continually learning about new technology and products.
Required Skills and Experience
- You have strong knowledge of and extensive experience with Java, with a complete understanding of object-oriented programming.
- You appreciate the level of code quality required for successful products and maintenance. You have a demonstrated history of mentoring team members, contributing to agile processes, and leading knowledge transfer sessions.
- You have a customer-centric view of products and processes.
- Experience/exposure to writing testable Java code that consumes web-based API’s (REST and/or SOAP)
- Outstanding communication skills
- Comfortable working with little supervision and a preference for taking the initiative.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with a data/application integration framework/product e.g. Apache Camel, Spring Integration, Mule, Zapier.
- Exposure to JSON and/or XML, with an emphasis on efficiently consuming and producing documents in those formats.
- A strong knowledge of web, database, and security protocols.
- An interest and passion for Big Data- (Hadoop, Spark, Hive etc) and IoT- (MQTT) related technologies.
- You have published or contributed to open-source code on GitHub.
- You have experience with the Maven build tool
- You have a Stack Overflow profile with a history of questions and/or contributions
Why work at SnapLogic besides the awesome technology and team?