Sr. Systems Engineer (DevOps)
Apply For This Job
San Mateo, CA, United States
SnapLogic is looking for a talented and passionate individual to help manage our world-class IPaaS – Elastic Integration Platform infrastructure. This person will be part of a team that ensures the reliability and performance of a vast and diverse tech stack. They will directly engage with development teams to provide Ops-relevant advice and feedback. Additionally, this individual will continually improve the velocity of our deployment pipeline through automation and monitoring.
SnapLogic delivers the industry’s first Elastic Integration Platform to connect enterprise data, applications and The Internet of Things (IoT). Fast, multi-point and modern, SnapLogic’s data integration platform as a service (iPaaS) is built to handle real-time streaming between cloud and on-premise applications and big data integration. Enterprise customers include Adobe, Cisco, Target, and GE.
Join a fast growing TechOps team on building and operating SnapLogic Elastic Integration Platform. We are using the latest cloud technologies to build highly scalable, highly distributed and highly available infrastructure.<div
As a Sr System engineer with a background in and passion for DevOps, you are comfortable managing, building and maintaining services and servers in AWS, RackSpace, Azure, Google Cloud and on-premise data centers (OpenStack). You use open-source projects to accelerate building highly scalable and innovative solutions. You deploy your work to public clouds and private clouds platforms such as AWS or OpenStack and instrument them to collect and analyze operational data.<div
Our team culture empowers you to take ownership of your features or components. It is a unique opportunity for self-motivated individuals.<div
The tasks will consist of standard operations administration:
Setting up, configuring monitoring (e.g. Zabbix, Sensu, Pager Duty), web/Application servers, package installation, as well as more development-oriented tasks such as building automated provisioning, defining metrics and implementing plugins for our SnapLogic application, exploring (NoSQL) database performance and replication, etc.<div
We are looking for exceptional, self-motivated individuals, keen to learn new and emerging distributed technologies; share their learning, and exploit the new Cloud offerings to the maximum benefit of our business and our customers.<div
The Sr Systems Engineer would be reporting directly to the Director of Operations, IT & Security at SnapLogic and, working closely with the product architects of our Cloud offering, will be directly influencing our deployment and provisioning strategy.
• Lead owner of provisioning system;
• Support product development through scripts and tools writing;
• Work and contribute to development releases (Agile);
• Support QA function by enabling automated testing, continuous build, and the release process;
• In-depth understanding and appreciation of security, durability, and availability in distributed environments;
• Design and build scalable monitoring and metrics collection and distribution system;
• Create, setup and run performance tests to help determine optimal hosting configurations
• Provide support to deployment and production issues during and off regular office hours<div
Skills & Qualifications<div
We are looking for someone with experience in technologies such as Chef, Puppet, Python, Git, MongoDB (or other NoSQL DB), JAVA, and Nginx. Expert understanding of what it means to run a global large-scale virtualized infrastructure in the Cloud and on-premise:
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related technical degree
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in administering Linux based systems (Ubuntu/CentOS preferred, experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and Rackspace infrastructure desirable)
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Internet-facing applications, security concerns, and network protocols
• Comfortable with Linux shell scripting (bash and Python); source code control (git preferred); passionate about testing (unit, integration and regression tests)
• Self-starter, always learning, able to work efficiently and confidently under pressure
• Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools; Chef, Puppet
• Familiarity with Scalable distributed monitoring system; Zabbix, Sensu, Ganglia.
• Experience with Agile methodologies desired (Scrum)<div
Why work at SnapLogic besides the impressive technology and team?
• Be a part of “the next big thing.”
• Learn and grow within cutting edge technology
• Work in a sphere that encourages creativity with endless possibilities
• Have high visibility within your scope of work
• Have fun! Enjoy catered lunches and “Snappy” Hours!