Fall is the time to move your clocks back, get a pumpkin latte and slow down with the approaching cold weather. But not for SnapLogic! We continue to deliver integration tools with full force. After our Summer 2016 release, which was feature-packed, the Fall 2016 release takes the SnapLogic platform to a whole new level by extending support for Teradata, introducing new Snap Packs for Snowflake and Azure Data Lake Store, adding more capabilities to Spark mode, and delivering several enhancements for security, performance and governance. As our VP of engineering, Vaikom Krishnan, aptly said, “We continue to make it easier and faster for organizations to connect any and all data sources – whether on premises, in the cloud, or in hybrid environments.”
SnapLogic continues to build on its momentum in cloud-based data management with new support for HDInsight, Microsoft’s big-data-as-a-service on Azure. This follows our other recent announcements regarding support for the Microsoft Azure and Cortana ecosystem including availability in the Azure Marketplace. Continue reading “New With the Spring 2016 Release: Data Ingest-Prep-Deliver for Microsoft HDInsight”
This weekend is our latest SnapLogic Snap Update, with many new and updated Snaps being delivered. Here’s a brief overview. Be sure to contact our Customer Success team if you have any questions about the release.
There is a new RabbitMQ Snap Pack available with this update, which contains a Consumer and Producer Snap. Updated Snap Packs include: Continue reading “March 2016 Snap Update”
With 300+ Snaps now available, we’re regularly updating and enhancing our intelligent connector library. Building on our recent Summer 2015 release, this weekend all SnapLogic customers will be updated with our August Snap update. Here’s a summary – from A to Z.
- Active Directory
- AWS Redshift
- Oracle RDBMS
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- SQL Server
New Snaps include:
- Google SpreadSheet Snap Pack contains Snaps for browsing Google SpreadSheets, reading worksheets, and writing to worksheets.
- In the Binary Snap Pack there is a new File Poller Snap that polls a directory looking for files matching the specified pattern.
- There are many new Snaps for AWS DynamoDB. Check out our recent AWS partner webinar with Earth Networks for a great customer overview.
- The Flow Snap Pack contains a new Exit Snap, which forces a pipeline to stop with a failed status if it receives more records than the user-defined threshold.
- The Transform Snap Pack contains a new Transcoder Snap, enabling a preview if a Snap contains special characters.
I talk with customers as often as I am able, and one of the questions I typically ask is why they chose SnapLogic. “Ease of use” is one of the most common answers. The SnapLogic interface is sometimes described as “deceptively simple” in that it is easy and intuitive enough for the non-developer to use without assistance, yet powerful enough for the expert integration developer. The Summer 2015 release makes things even simpler for the self-service integrator, but enhances the structure and governance that enterprises require.
Why is it important for large enterprises to enable self-service integrators? In short: business agility. If app and data integration is the exclusive domain of a few highly trained experts, integration will always be a bottleneck. When new business applications or data sources are added to the mix to meet company objectives, manual, code-intensive integrations will slow the process. By opening integration to a wider group of employees — with the appropriate controls — enterprises can respond to change faster. In this way, the Summer 2015 enhancements to the SnapLogic platform improve our support for business agility.
The release features a variety of new capabilities and improvements including:
- Impact analysis and modeling so both experts and non-experts can anticipate the impact of their changes
- Enhanced governance so administrators can provision and monitor self-service users with confidence
- New Snaps for Amazon DynamoDB, Apache Avro, Apache HBase and Google Spreadsheets
- Updates to a variety of Snaps
To learn more:
We are pleased to announce that our January 2015 release went live this past weekend. Some of the updates included are:
The Beta subscription feature Ultra Tasks lets a pipeline, known as an Ultra Pipeline, continuously consume documents from external sources. Plain HTTP/S requests can be fed into a pipeline through a FeedMaster that is installed as part of a Groundplex.
A new type of account, Service Accounts, cannot log into the user interface of SnapLogic, but can be used for running triggered tasks using basic authentication.
User Experience Productivity
Continuing to make building pipelines easier, the SnapLogic Designer now supports rubber band select, which allows you to Shift-click and drag to circle around multiple Snaps on the canvas to select them.
In addition, common keyboard commands support was added for copy/paste/delete, undo/redo, select all, and zoom in/zoom out.
User and Group management is now available to org admins through a Public API. Functionality includes listing, creating, updating and deleting users and groups. See the SnapLogic Developer site for more information (customer login required).
Enhanced Expression Language
Additional functions have been added to the SnapLogic Expression Language to gather more information on your Snaps and pipelines. Additionally, the documentation of the Expression Language was reorganized to match the structure of the functions and properties drop-down list.
New and Enhanced Snaps
In this release, we introduce the SAP HANA Upsert Snap and the SQL Server Stored Procedure Snap. In addition, enhancements have been made to multiple Snaps including database accounts, REST, Redshift, Salesforce, SOAP, and Workday.
See the release notes for more information.
What a year 2014 has been! The SnapLogic team hosted regular webinars and TechTalks, attended many industry and partner events, spoke at conferences, delivered frequent updates to our elastic integration platform as a service (iPaaS), announced new financing, expanded our team… and had a lot of fun along the way! We also spent a lot of time working closely with our customers and partners ensuring they’re realizing the maximum potential from our unified platform that connects enterprise data, applications and APIs.
Looking forward to 2015, we recently came out with some tech predictions from our co-founder and CEO Gaurav Dhillon as well as an infographic based on recent survey results with TechValidate. In this video, Gaurav shares his predictions for cloud computing and big data in 2015, covering the topics of “cloudication” and self-service. And in our infographic, we highlight cloud integration drivers and requirements in 2015 including speed, time to value, modern and scalable architecture, support for hybrid deployments and more.
So before we launch into what promising to be an exciting 2015 as iPaaS and big data top enterprise IT priorities, here’s a look back on the past year, including some of the events we attended, product releases and noteworthy announcements. Don’t forget to check out our Resource library for a full collections of our webinars, whitepapers and more and subscribe to our blog from regular updates.
Happy New Year from the SnapLogic Team!
- Salesforce1 Tour: We participated in this event in a few cities to get the word out about integration data, apps and APIs…and took some selfies in the process!
- Knowledge14: This show was a great opportunity to talk to customers about using cloud services for enterprise IT service automation.
- InformationWeek Conference – Gaurav Dhillon spoke on a panel to discuss digital disruption and the pace of business innovation.
- Dreamforce: We announced our collaboration with the new Salesforce Analytics Cloud ecosystem to deliver big data integration for Wave.
- Gartner Symposium: Here we were mentioned as part of the iPaaS Magic Quadrant and were able to talk to customers and prospects about the citizen integrator, elastic iPaaS and the changing world of enterprise IT.
2014 Platform Releases and Launches:
SnapLogic in the News in 2014
- Named a “Vendor to Watch” by Enterprise Management Associates
- Customer Northgate Markets wins “Award for Excellence” for success with SnapLogic Integration Cloud
- Investment in elastic integration leads to a record quarter
- SnapLogic featured in Mary Meeker’s KPCB Internet Trends Report
- Making big data elastic with SnapReduce 2.0
- Gaurav Dhillon warns that big data isn’t for everybody in Fortune
- Elastic Integration Platform for iPad and iPhone, available on the App Store
- Snap Patterns and free trial for AWS Redshift announced
- Achieved multiple certifications: Cloudera, Hortonworks, SAP NetWeaver
- Announcement of Winter 2015 release focused on enterprise security, lifecycle management and developer productivity
- By the end of the year, our Elastic Integration Platform processing over 10 billion JSON documents per month
Be sure to check out all of our coverage here, and take a look at some of our recent photos. You can also follow along on our social media channels: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Google+. See you in 2015!