SnapLogic DataFlow Server Now Supports Java
Latest Version Turbo-Charges Performance, Adds Java’s Enhanced Enterprise Connectivity, and Opens the SnapStore to the Vast Java Developer Community
SAN MATEO, Calif. – Jan 27, 2010 – SnapLogic, the DataFlow company, announced today that SnapLogic DataFlow Server 2.2, the latest version of the company’s next-generation integration platform, is now available. Version 2.2 includes multiple enhancements, including support for Java and the inclusion of database connection pipelines directly into Web resources. The new Java support provides higher-performance execution and support for parallel execution, which are critical in cloud data centers with today’s multi-core processors. More information about SnapLogic and the DataFlow Server are available at https://www.snaplogic.com/ .
“With our new support for Java, we are thrilled to offer an enterprise-grade integration platform that beats laborious, repetitive, and error-prone scripts and provides a smart alternative to traditional enterprise integration products,” said Gaurav Dhillon, chief executive officer, SnapLogic. “The combination of our new DataFlow Server and the upcoming SnapStore has the power to transform the integration market.”
“The SnapLogic solution we deployed has tremendous value, meeting our data integration challenges as we migrated to — and now continuously synchronize with — Salesforce.com, resulting in a huge cost savings over other vendors,” said Ed Hardebeck, vice president, engineering, Glance Networks. “In the future, the SnapStore will multiply the value of our investment, enabling us to flexibly leverage data in a wide variety of SaaS and on-premise sources as our needs evolve.”
The new Java support is transparent to end users. Java components can be mixed and matched with Python components in standard SnapLogic pipelines, and they are fully compatible with one another. The component APIs for each language are also similar, providing a consistent API for Snap developers, whether they use Python or Java.
Highlights of SnapLogic DataFlow Server 2.2 include:
- Easy access to Java libraries: The native support for Java in the latest version opens up a wealth of libraries and APIs from the Java community.
- More options for Snap developers: Snaps, the connectors, pipelines, and data transformations available in SnapLogic’s SnapStore online marketplace, can now be built in Java, and existing code libraries can be re-used to build public and private Snaps.
- Higher performance: Developers can use Java to achieve faster execution for computational tasks, in some cases turbo-charging data transformation speeds by 10X.
- Enhanced parallelism: Java components enable optimal performance and rapid development by taking advantage of multi-processor and multi-core systems and by running in parallel with Python components.
- JDBC support: Java’s extensive database vendor support allows connections to an even greater number of enterprise databases.
- Inclusion of database connection resources directly into pipelines: SnapLogic DataFlow Server 2.2 allows for full parameterization of all connection properties at runtime.
The migration path is straightforward: SnapLogic DataFlow Server 2.1.X installations and repositories will be automatically upgraded to version 2.2 at install time.
About SnapLogic DataFlow
SnapLogic DataFlow is an open, scalable, and extensible data integration platform that leverages Web technology. It provides organizations of all sizes with the most complete, flexible, and cost-effective solution for on-demand data integration. The SnapLogic platform can read from and write to any data source, easily integrating data from SaaS applications, the Web, databases, files, and on-premise applications. Snaps for integrating data from NetSuite, SalesForce, SugarCRM, Twitter, and more are available now. More information is available at https://www.snaplogic.com/products.
SnapLogic advances the data integration market with its innovative DataFlow platform, open architecture, and simple subscription business model. The DataFlow platform connects to almost any SaaS, cloud, or Web computing application via open connectors and data pipelines, providing information as a utility to business users and applications. SnapLogic was founded in 2006 by data integration pioneers and is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif. For more information, please visit www.snaplogic.com or call (650) 525-3540.
Prequent, Inc. (for SnapLogic)