Read and write delimited files including, but not limited to, comma-separated files. This Snap supports a variety of delimiters, and can be used on both local files and remote resources accessed from HTTP or FTP servers.
Integrate the valuable data from a variety of disparate, delimited files with your corporate decision-making applications.
The CSV Read/Write Snap supports read and write capabilities on files delimited by single characters or arbitrary strings. You can configure the Snap to skip multi-line headers using a line number offset. Important to note:
- Inputs can be local files or remote resources served from HTTP or FTP servers.
- This Snap reads and writes to delimited file sources
- Inputs can be local files or remote resources served from HTTP or FTP servers
- Delimiters can be arbitrary strings
- Skip multi-line headers by using a line number offset
- If a field in the source being read has no data, the CSV Snap produces an empty string for a corresponding output field of STRING type, or a null value for an output field of NUMBER type
- If a field in the source being read is missing, the CSV Snap produces a null value
- If an input record field has no data, the CSV Snap outputs nothing for the field
- The CSV Snap terminates each record it writes with an ‘\n’. It only writes “\n” on all platforms. It does not make OS specific interpretation of ‘\n’ (such as writing ‘\r\n’ on Windows)
Learn more about cloud application integration here.
Learn more about cloud data integration here.