Twitter notes from Community One
Following the theory that the best way to identify best practices, is to identify the bad practices, here’s the list of Twitter Anti-Patterns as determined by the group:
1. Tweeting 2 much
2. Overuse of Bots and machine generated content.
3. Poor ratio of URL’s to actual content.
4. URLs without context.
5. Not using #hash tags.
6. Binge Tweeting.
7. TUI – Friends Don’t Let Friends Tweet Drunk.
8. Not listening
How do you know your a twitter addict ?
1. Tweeting secretly.
2. People That Tweet Bad Stuff.
3. Can’t stop following others
4. Claim you’re ‘slightly addicted’, while following 17,0000 Twitterers (@Aglick35)
Twitter Tools to know about
summize – twitter search engine
eventtrack – for searching hash tags.
Twitter has special accounts, like rebroadcast for an event (reflection)
Companies using Twitter well:
Other General notes and comments:
Playing with Twitter is an interesting way to build community.
Make yourself valuable, and someone will follow you.
Listen to Twitter – hear whats new and up and coming.