We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Data Automation Engineering team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have a prominent role within the team that is responsible for development of products like SnapLogic AutoSync, which enables customers to synchronize data to Cloud Data Warehouse (CDW) and SnapLogic ELT, which enables our customers to create data transformation logic visually to process data within CDW. We are seeking a detail-oriented candidate with outstanding technical abilities and accomplishments, a strong passion for technology and software craftsmanship, and the willingness to go the extra mile for our customers.
The Senior Software Engineer role a remote role with an occasional travel to our HQ in San Mateo, CA. Last round of interviews and first few days will be required in person in the HQ.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to the on-going development of SnapLogic AutoSync and SnapLogic ELT.
- Work in a fast-paced, outcome oriented, cross-functional team environment.
- Cycle between projects in weeks rather than years, while working closely with customers to harden an early stage product as it achieves product market fit.
- Be able to quickly debug complex issues in code and figure out the root cause, using tests (unit and integration) to validate the work.
- Keep on top of emerging trends and technologies in the field of cloud technologies and distributed data processing, including open source products.
What We're Looking For:
- Deep experience with Java in a multithreaded environment, with a complete understanding of object-oriented programming and software complexity.
- Experience building and delivering enterprise SaaS software at scale in public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.).
- Experience building and debugging complex SQL queries.
- Good understanding of ANSI SQL specifications.
- Experience working with CDWs (Snowflake, Redshift, Databricks, Azure Synapse etc.).
- Experience building batch and streaming data processing products.
- Experience and expertise with various public cloud technologies and concepts (EC2, S3, Cloudwatch, SNS, VPC, IAM roles, WASB, ADLS etc.).
- Experience collaborating with other stakeholders like product management, QA, and documentation to deliver features in an agile development environment.
- Appreciation for the level of code quality required for delivering and maintaining successful enterprise products and you always write code with testability in mind.
- Excellent communication skills, are comfortable working with little supervision, and have a preference for taking initiative.
- A pragmatic and customer-centric view of products and processes.
- Bachelor's or Master’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Python.
- Experience with Database query optimization.
- Interest in AI/ML technologies like MLlib, Scikit, tensorflow etc.
There's never been a better time to join SnapLogic. Here are a few reasons why:
Perks And Benefits: The list includes, but is not limited to: competitive salary, flexible PTO (USA employees), comprehensive healthcare; 401(k); FSA and supplemental insurance; paid parental leave; wellness and fitness reimbursements; gym and lunch on site (HQ); remote/hybrid work for majority of roles.
Hot Market Opportunity: Leading organizations are embracing the cloud, data, and AI to rethink and rewire their businesses. According to industry analysts, the integration market alone is growing four times faster than the overall software market, approaching more than $5 billion in revenue.
Innovative Product: SnapLogic is the only company to provide a single, unified platform for all of a company’s integration and automation needs: application integration, data integration, API management, B2B integration, and data engineering.
World Class Customers: Hundreds of customers around the globe trust SnapLogic to handle their enterprise integration and automation needs. Our customers come first, and we’re proud of SnapLogic's industry-leading customer retention rate of over 95%.
SnapLogic is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with offices in New York, NY; London, UK; and Hyderabad, India.
To all recruitment agencies: SnapLogic does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SnapLogic employees or to any other company location. SnapLogic is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the company. SnapLogic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SnapLogic complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. SnapLogic expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of SnapLogic employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.