New release addresses the “Integrator’s Dilemma” with a single platform for cloud application and data integration
SAN MATEO, Calif. — Oct. 22, 2013 — SnapLogic, the Elastic Integration company, today announced the introduction of the SnapLogic Integration Cloud, the industry’s fastest integration platform as a service (iPaaS). SnapLogic’s Winter 2014 release addresses the “Integrator’s Dilemma” by eliminating the need to choose between multiple tools for data and application integration, ensuring companies can instantly access and stream their data, regardless of its location, type and size.
“In the 1,000 application enterprise and an API economy, integration has to run at the speed of the cloud,” said Gaurav Dhillon, founder and CEO of SnapLogic. “The dilemma for enterprise IT organizations is that their legacy integration technologies were built before the era of big data, social, mobile and cloud computing and simply can’t keep up. With every release, SnapLogic is focused on delivering faster, more agile application, process and data integration in a single cloud platform.”
The SnapLogic Integration Cloud: Fast, Multi-Point and Modern
The SnapLogic Integration Cloud instantly streams data between multiple SaaS applications such as ServiceNow, Salesforce and Workday as well as on-premises systems like SAP and Oracle. It also provides powerful data integration for business analytics solutions such as Amazon Redshift and Tableau. The SnapLogic Integration Cloud consists of:
- A true multi-tenant software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Designer, Manager and Dashboard that runs in the public cloud and eliminates the need for software, hardware and versioning.
- An elastic execution network, called the Snaplex, that can run in the cloud and behind the firewall.
- Over 160 pre-built connectors, called Snaps, that are available on the SnapStore.
- An SDK for custom development of Snaps by partners and customers.
- A RESTful API to easily embed Snaps and integration flows into websites, applications and platforms.
“The new world of cloud, social, mobile and big data applications has created multi-point integration requirements that demand a new generation of more elastic integration solutions,” said Jeffrey M. Kaplan, Managing Director at THINKstrategies, Inc, a strategic consultancy. “The SnapLogic Integration Cloud offers a new approach to more easily and economically address these escalating integration requirements in a scalable and flexible fashion.”
Fastest Time to Value
Purpose-built for the cloud, the SnapLogic Integration Cloud runs five times faster than any other cloud integration solution. The Designer, Manager and Dashboard are built for the “citizen developer” and are HTML5-based for native mobile access and monitoring. The Designer allows users to easily choose from a library of pre-built Snaps and quickly create and manage orchestrations in a drag-and-drop user interface. The Winter 2014 release adds:
- Support for nested data and process flows, which allow integration developers to rapidly assemble more complex flows, called pipelines, with modular sub-flows.
- One-click copy and paste also improves reuse and sharing of integrations within the same organization and new auto-provisioning options for administrators make it easier to set up users and ensure developers are productive quickly.
Modern, Elastic Integration for Hybrid and Cloud-to-Cloud Deployments
The SnapLogic Integration Cloud streams data between applications, databases, files, social and big data sources via the Snaplex. The industry’s first self-upgrading execution network, the Snaplex elastically manages integration capacity planning and is built to handle data and process-centric integration requirements. The Snaplex powers businesses to:
- Scale out in the cloud for orchestrations that involve integrating SaaS applications such as Salesforce, NetSuite and Concur.
- Run behind the firewall, for hybrid deployments involving on-premises enterprise applications such as Oracle EBS and SAP.
- Scale up and down based on the volume of data being processed or the latency requirements of the integration flow when running in the cloud.
- Allows data and process flows to be triggered based on events or scheduled jobs, called via REST APIs, or invoked programmatically via the snAPI.
Mission Critical Cloud Integration
SnapLogic Integration Cloud Winter 2014 release also adds a number of enterprise-grade innovations including:
- Guaranteed message delivery for business applications and analytical systems. For example, an updated purchase order received from SAP’s accounting module by SnapLogic will be retried to Salesforce CRM until successfully delivered. This guarantees that a business critical document such as a purchase order is delivered to the targets successfully.
- Parent/child org support enabling enterprise IT to delegate privileges and enable self-service to divisions, departments and lines of business while retaining strong governance and control.
- Multi-zone disaster recovery takes advantage of Amazon Web Services’ disaster recovery for resilience and high availability of the SnapLogic Integration Cloud multi-tenant metadata repository.
Connect in a Snap
With the SnapLogic Integration Cloud Winter 2014 release, new and enhanced Snaps are available for Amazon Redshift, MongoDB, NetSuite, Qualys, ServiceNow, Tableau, Workday, and Zuora. There are now over 160 pre-built Snaps on the company’s SnapStore that cover everything from analytics and big data sources to identity management, social media, online storage, ERP, database, and technologies such as XML, JSON, Oauth, SOAP and REST.
The SnapLogic Integration Cloud is generally available today and the Winter 2014 updates will be generally available at the end of October. To learn more about the “Integrator’s Dilemma” register for an interactive GigaOM webinar with David Linthicum and Gaurav Dhillon on Thursday, Oct. 24 at 2 p.m. ET.
Customers and partners can also build their own Snaps using the Java-based Snap SDK and publish them publicly or privately.
SnapLogic is the leader in Elastic Integration, helping companies connect enterprise applications in the cloud and on-premise for improved business agility and faster decision making. With the award-winning SnapLogic Integration Cloud, organizations can more quickly and affordably achieve data and application integration and improve the timeliness of their information flow. SnapLogic offers a scalable, elastic integration platform as a service (iPaaS) and a rich library of intelligent connectors called Snaps. Funded by leading venture investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Ignition Partners, SnapLogic is used by prominent companies in the Global 2000.
For more information, call +1.888.494.1570 or visit www.SnapLogic.com
Connect with SnapLogic
Read the blog: snaplogic.com/blog
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/snaplogic
Visit us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SnapLogic
Find us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/snaplogic