Winter 2017 Release Is Now Available
As enterprises grow and adopt best of breed solutions based in the cloud, on-premises and/or hybrid, integrating data between varied applications, databases and data warehouses (used by the enterprise) continues to be a challenge. New solutions are rapidly adopted, and technical and non-technical users alike need help to meet the challenge of quickly integrating the data from multiple sources into one view to make decisions at the speed of business.
The release includes several new Snaps and Snap updates that make it faster and easier to integrate Workday, NetSuite and Amazon Redshift with other applications and data sources across the enterprise. All three systems are increasingly popular as businesses embrace the cloud to run their business, a “cloud shift” that Gartner says will drive more than $1 trillion in technology spending by 2020.
Here is a brief overview of new and enhanced Snaps:
- Confluent Kafka – The need for streaming data becomes more important and today about one-third of the Fortune 500 uses Kafka. SnapLogic is pleased to introduce a new Snap for Confluent’s distribution of Apache KafkaTM, an enterprise-ready solution that connects data sources, applications and IoT devices in real time.
- Teradata – Several new Snaps have been added to Teradata Snap Pack expanding support with Teradata TPT Load, TPT Update Snap, and Teradata Export to HDFS Snap which allows customers to easily export data from Teradata to an HDFS cluster without the need for any additional installation or complex configuration.
- Workday: Workday Read Snap has been enhanced to provide a simplified Workday output format making it even easier to be consumed by downstream systems.
- NetSuite: Asynchronous operations support for NetSuite, enables more efficient use of NetSuite’s capabilities, through new Snaps including Netsuite Async Upsert, Async Search, Async Delete List, Async GetList, Check Async Status and GetAsync Result Operations Support Snap.
- Amazon Redshift: Our customers use Redshift to connect multiple on-premises data sources and applications to Redshift without any coding. The Winter 2017 release introduces a new Snap to execute multiple RedShift commands in one Snap, thereby making RedShift data integration pipelines even more easy to create and manage.
- Amazon S3: The Winter 2017 release brings additional streaming performance improvement while writing to an Amazon S3 bucket.
Continued Enterprise Focus: Introducing Asset Search Functionality
SnapLogic continues to be the best platform for enterprise IT and LOB teams to integrate applications and data sources without any coding. Enterprises often have thousands of pipelines, files and accounts and it’s hard to search for a given asset. The Winter 2017 release allows customers to quickly search for assets and also filter search outputs.
Security and Performance Enhancements
Security and performance continue to be focus areas for SnapLogic. To further tighten user passwords, the Winter 2017 release enforces enhanced password complexity requirements. Customers can also configure session timeout and idle timeout parameters. In addition, the MongoDB snap pack has been extended to support SSL.
SnapLogic is committed to supporting the growing enterprise’s needs. We hope you will find the new Confluence Kafta snap, expanded support for WorkDay, Netsuite, Amazon RedShift, enhanced search and security useful. Customers can start using the capabilities described in the Winter 2017 release right away. For more information on the Winter 2017 release, including demo videos, see www.snaplogic.com/winter2017.