Available immediately, the May 2019 release of the SnapLogic Intelligent Integration Platform delivers greater productivity, deeper insights, and enhanced performance
SAN MATEO, Calif. — May 15, 2019 — SnapLogic today announced the immediate availability of the May 2019 release of the SnapLogic Intelligent Integration Platform, extending its leadership in AI-enabled integration. This latest release adds several new core platform, API management, and data science capabilities, driving greater productivity and insights for users while accelerating enterprise-wide innovation and automation initiatives.
From finance to marketing to HR, automation technologies are transforming how work gets done across the enterprise. To capitalize on the automation opportunity, organizations are investing in intelligent technologies to automate repetitive business processes, freeing up workers to focus on strategic pursuits that drive the business forward. Progressive organizations are averting fragmented, one-off projects and instead taking an enterprise approach to automation, ensuring their strategies and practices can be standardized and repeated, the right technology stack is in place to solve their most complex challenges, and the requirements of both business users and IT are met.
To achieve automation at scale and realize the many subsequent benefits — including increased speed and agility, better productivity and insights, improved operational efficiency, faster transformation, and more — businesses are establishing AI-enabled integration platforms as the foundation of their enterprise automation strategy.
“We’ve entered the age of automation, led by incredible technology advances in processors, machine learning, intelligent workflows, data-first applications, and more,” said Gaurav Dhillon, CEO at SnapLogic. “Algorithms are being embedded in data-driven applications and automated business processes are powering enterprises to do more in a fraction of the time, resulting in accelerated innovation, productivity, and efficiency.”
Enterprise automation begins with AI-enabled integration. Before end-to-end processes can be automated, a complex web of applications, APIs, data sources, and other systems must be connected via a modern integration platform. This platform must employ AI and machine learning techniques and intelligent workflows to achieve the productivity and time to value gains that automation demands. Gartner recently recognized SnapLogic for its leadership in this critical area: “A ‘first mover’ with a focus on AI-enabled integration, SnapLogic is enhancing its capabilities by embedding ML for automatic guidance. This helps ad hoc and citizen integrators accelerate development of integration flows and simplify delivery.”1
In addition, scaling enterprise automation initiatives requires an integration platform that can handle all data types (structured, semi-structured, unstructured), data speeds (streaming, real-time, batch, event-based), and data environments (cloud, on-premises, hybrid); is intuitive and easy to use by both IT and non-technical business users; and meets the security, reliability, and scalability demands of the global enterprise.
May 2019 Product Release: Improved productivity, insights, performance
To propel the modern enterprise into the age of automation, the May 2019 release of the SnapLogic Intelligent Integration Platform is immediately available. The new release includes a number of updates and enhancements that boost user productivity, yield greater insights, and deliver improved performance.
New and enhanced capabilities in the May 2019 release include:
- Data Prep/Preview — provides the ability to visualize output at every step of the pipeline in preview mode via bar chart, line chart, pie chart, or scatter chart
- Temp Disable Snap — provides the ability to disable a Snap during testing and trouble-shooting without removing or modifying Snaps from the pipeline
- Performance Updates — new local caching for triggered tasks running on Groundplexes resulting in improved performance
- Alerts — delivers telemetry when CPU and memory usage on nodes exceeds the configured threshold so proactive action can be taken to maintain enterprise SLAs
- Data Clustering Support — new Clustering Snap added to the ML Core Snap Pack allowing data scientists and data engineers to use this unsupervised learning technique to conduct exploratory data analysis to find hidden patterns or groupings in data
- Fuzzy Matching — new Match Snap performs record linkage to identify documents from different data sources that may represent the same entity but have a different column name
- Automated Data Feature Engineering — new Feature Synthesis Snap provides the ability to transform raw data into features that better represent the underlying problem to the ML predictive models, resulting in improved model accuracy on as yet unseen data
- Profile Output Visualization — provides improved productivity for data scientists and data engineers as they can now leverage the graphical output to easily determine what further data cleansing needs to be done
- AutoML Snap — delivers improved productivity and customization for data scientists and data engineers as they can build better machine learning models in a shorter amount of time by choosing the highest yield from a dozen or more ML models
- Groundplex/VDC Support — users can now create, publish, manage, and monitor APIs that have been set up to execute on a Groundplex or customer domain in addition to managing APIs that have been set up to execute on a Cloudplex
- OAuth2 Support — customers can now apply the OAuth2 API policy to secure APIs during the management phase, before exposing APIs to consumers
- Updates made to several Snap Packs including the Hadoop, Confluent Kafka, and Workday Prism Analytics Snap Packs
To learn more about these and other updates to the May 2019 product release, read the SnapLogic blog.
1 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service” by Eric Thoo, Massimo Pezzini, Keith Guttridge, Bindi Bhullar, April 23, 2019.
SnapLogic provides the #1 Intelligent Integration Platform. The company’s AI-powered workflows and self-service integration capabilities make it fast and easy for organizations to manage all their application integration, data integration, and data engineering projects on a single, scalable platform. Hundreds of Global 2000 customers — including Adobe, AstraZeneca, Box, Emirates, Schneider Electric, and Wendy’s — rely on SnapLogic to automate business processes, accelerate analytics, and drive digital transformation. Learn more at snaplogic.com.
Connect with SnapLogic via our Blog, Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
Kaizo for SnapLogic
+44 (0) 20 3176 4723