Spring 2014 release of SnapLogic Integration Cloud adds API management and performance monitoring dashboard to Elastic Integration platform as a service
SAN MATEO, Calif. — Feb. 12, 2014 — SnapLogic, the Elastic Integration TM company, today unveiled a new release of the SnapLogic Integration Cloud, the industry’s first natively cloud-based integration platform as a service (iPaaS) built to elastically address both real-time application and batch-oriented data integration requirements. SnapLogic’s Spring 2014 release introduces built-in application programming interface (API) metering and management and a new monitoring dashboard for administrators. The release also improves scale-out performance for large enterprise demands and adds new and updated intelligent connectors, called Snaps, for a broad set of cloud and on-premises applications.
“There is no question that enterprise business is continuing its steady march to the cloud, but it is critical to understand there is no single, magical cloud where all of an organization’s applications and data live in harmony,” said Gaurav Dhillon, CEO of SnapLogic. “The Internet of Things is a noble goal but to reach it we must enable the integration of myriad enterprise and software-as-a-service applications, mobile solutions and devices.”
Dhillon continued, “SnapLogic is disrupting traditional approaches to integration by delivering a fast, multi-point and modern cloud integration platform so companies can go beyond hand-coding and first generation point-to-point tools. Instead, our customers reap the benefits of a faster on-ramp to the cloud so their businesses can run at cloud-speed.”
Built-in API Management and Development
SnapLogic Integration Cloud Spring 2014 introduces API management and metering for administrators and API development options for mobile application developers.
- Management and monitoring of representational state transfer (REST)-based APIs allows administrators to easily provision, manage and monitor API activity and performance. Provisioning of APIs includes granting access to authorized users and configuring metering service level agreements (SLAs) such as the number of calls permitted per day.
- Developers can easily mobile-enable applications by exposing integration data flows, called pipelines, connecting to back-end applications as REST APIs. As a result, developers can expose data that needs to be aggregated across multiple back-end applications with no additional mobile infrastructure required.
New Performance Monitoring Dashboard
SnapLogic Integration Cloud Spring 2014 introduces performance management views of pipelines and Elastic Integration execution networks, called Snaplexes. The new interactive dashboard delivers a greater level of administrative visibility and control including:
- The ability to visually inspect current and historical system data to quickly identify and troubleshoot integration pipeline failures and performance bottlenecks.
- Easier resource planning and management of cloud and on-premises Snaplexes with real-time and historical analytics on active nodes and data flow distribution.
Powerful Data Integration for Cloud Analytics
The Spring 2014 release delivers a number of new features and enhancements focused on extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) of data for the purposes of better cloud-based business intelligence and analytics. Updates include:
- Automatic schema creation, Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCDs) Type 2 and enhanced database lookups for Amazon Redshift.
- SmartLinking and other improvements to field mapping.
- The Tableau Snap is now more efficient at generating TDE files for direct import into Tableau Desktop or Server.
Dan Jewett, vice president of product management at Tableau Software, commented, “SnapLogic ensures Tableau customers can easily perform data discovery and visualization on virtually any data source. By further strengthening their core cloud data integration capabilities with the Spring 2014 release our joint customers are able to maximize the value that Tableau Online and Tableau Server deliver with real-time insights without the wait."
Enhanced User Experience for “Citizen Integrators”
With each release, SnapLogic aims to simplify the HTML5 drag-and-drop Designer experience in order to improve developer and citizen integrator productivity and to make data access and integration more accessible to less-technical line of business users. Significant end-user advances in the Spring 2014 release include simplified grouping of Snaps by type (e.g. connection, function, etc.) and a single tab view of the Designer, Manager and Dashboard.
New and Updated Snaps on the SnapStore
With the SnapLogic Integration Cloud Spring 2014 release, SnapLogic has expanded its library of Snaps, which enable fast and easy integration with a specific application or data source. New Snaps available include: Type 2 slowly changing dimensions (SCD) Snap for Amazon Redshift, Box, Facebook, FourSquare, OpenAir, Trillium and Twitter. SnapLogic has also enhanced functionality for Salesforce.com, Flurry, Microsoft Excel, Dynamics AX and SQL Server.
Enterprise-Ready Cloud Integration for Hybrid IT
The Spring 2014 release delivers enhancements for moving between development and production environments and 3-5x performance improvements compared to prior releases. Parallel processing optimizations and performance tuning ensure that the Snaplex execution grid can scale out linearly as more capacity is required. The introduction of a hierarchical asset model allows administrators to:
- Provide access control to all system assets, including Pipelines, Files, Accounts, and Tasks.
- Create and manage access control through groups in order to provide a simple and consistent permissions experience across all assets.
- Delegate authority to departmental projects while retaining governance and control over integration projects. This model is ideal for more centralized IT organizations and integration competency centers (ICCs).
The hierarchical asset model is also ideal for SnapLogic ISV and OEM partners who can easily manage their customers and provisioning while protecting system assets.
SnapLogic Integration Cloud Spring 2014 Availability
SnapLogic Integration Cloud is generally available today and the full array of Spring 2014 updates will be generally available in March.
To learn more about the SnapLogic Integration Cloud Spring 2014 release visit: www.SnapLogic.com/Spring2014.
Read what SnapLogic Partners have to say about the SnapLogic Integration Cloud Spring release here.
SnapLogic is the leader in Elastic Integration, helping companies connect enterprise applications in the cloud and on-premise for improved business agility and faster decision-making. With the award-winning SnapLogic Integration Cloud, organizations can more quickly and affordably achieve data and application integration and improve the timeliness of their information flow. SnapLogic offers a scalable, elastic integration platform as a service (iPaaS) and a rich library of intelligent connectors called Snaps. Funded by leading venture investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Ignition Partners, SnapLogic is used by prominent companies in the Global 2000.
For more information, call +1.888.494.1570 or visit www.SnapLogic.com.
Dana Dye for SnapLogic