[Infographic] Why Are CIOs Getting SMACT?
According to industry analysts, within 5 years the CMO will spend more on IT than the CIO. Check out our new infographic, which explains why CIOs are getting “SMACT” due to the adoption of Social, Mobile, Analytics and Big Data, Cloud Computing and the Internet of Things, and provides some compelling statistics in each of these categories. You can also learn more here about the SnapLogic Elastic Integration Platform, delivering real-time, event-driven application integration and batch-oriented and streaming big data integration for analytics in a single platform.
Here are the sources for all of the SMACT Infographic stats:
- Forbes: Five Years From Now, CMOs Will Spend More on IT Than CIOs Do
- Statistic Brain: Social Networking Statistics
- YouTube: Press Statistics
- Business Insider: Reinventing Social Media: Deep Learning, Predictive Marketing, and Image Recognition Will Change Everything
- Cisco: Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update, 2013-2018
- CNN Money: Mobile apps overtake PC Internet usage in U.S.
- Accenture: Accenture Technology Vision 2014 Report
- Experfy Insights: Hadoop Market Size, Adoption and Growth Through 2020
- TechRepublic: For data scientists, the big money is in open source
- Stratecast | Frost & Sullivan: The Hidden Truth Behind Shadow IT: Six trends impacting your security posture
- eWeek: Skyrocketing Cloud App Use Raises Enterprise Security Risks
- CloudTech: Why cloud services spending will exceed $174bn in 2014
- Acquity Group: Acquity Group 2014 Internet of Things Study
- Forbes: Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2013
- CloudTimes.org: Gartner: Internet of Things will Grow Exponentially to 26 Billion Devices by 2020
In addition to downloading a PDF of the above infographic here, check out some additional SnapLogic resources below all about the new world of social, mobile, analytics and big data, cloud computing and the Internet of Things:
- Blog post: Why Old ETL and EAI Will Continue to Struggle in the SMACT Era
- Blog post: What to Look for in a Modern Integration Platform
- Whitepaper: The Integration Implications of the Internet of Things in a Connected World
- Whitepaper: Taming the Integration Nightmares of a 1,000 App Enterprise
- Slides: Talking SMAC with SnapLogic