“Data needs to be delivered to a user in the right place at the right time in the right volume.”
Spoken by veteran SnapLogic user Alan Leung, Senior Enterprise Systems Program Manager at Box, Alan provides insight in this case study for why an analytics cloud-first ecosystem with self-service integration is the right solution for many enterprise companies. Just as Box is on a mission to improve and innovate cloud-based file storage, internally they have moved toward a cloud-centric infrastructure that benefits from a cloud-based integration platform.
Read the full case study here or take a look at some highlights below:
- Overall problem: Box needed to more efficiently integrate cloud-based applications, including Salesforce, Zuora, NetSuite, and Tableau, all of which they relied on for daily operations.
- Challenges: The primary challenge was around APIs – each application’s endpoints for integration purposes behaved differently, limiting abilities to build useful connections quickly and resulting in a series of disjointed silos. Manual upload and download processes caused a strain on resources and a waste of time and effort.
- Goal: To satisfy the need to aggregate the business data piling up in various applications into a cloud-based warehouse to enable self-service, predictive analytics.
- Solution needed: A cloud-based integration platform that vastly reduced or eliminated the time-consuming manual processes the users faced.
- Solution found: With the SnapLogic Elastic Integration Cloud, Alan and his team benefitted from:
- A platform that did not require sophisticated technical skills
- The agility to enable quick and efficient integration projects
- The ability to handle both structured and unstructured data at speed
- An enhanced ability to quickly analyze and make sense of so much data, allowing the company to “rapidly pivot [our] operations to seize opportunity across every aspects of the business.”
For a quick snapshot, Box currently has 23 applications connected through the platform, resulting in 170 data pipelines processing over 15 billion transactions daily. They also have eliminated the need to build a single interface internally; and an ongoing benefit of Box’s partnership with SnapLogic is that more Snaps are always being created and can be implemented for future integration needs.
Learn more about all of our customers here, and stay tuned for more customer stories.