How digital enterprises are scaling their data to infinity and beyond in the cloud
Digital transformation is fundamentally changing how enterprises need to do business to stay relevant. Optimizing customer relationships and making the business much more data-focused are not only the top two goals driving investments in data-driven initiatives today, they can typically result in a 5-10% revenue boost. However traditional data warehousing has been turned on its head and is failing to keep up with the digital economy due to:
- The titanic demand for sophisticated analysis of massive amounts of data, and data types, from multiple sources to drive cutting-edge business insights.
- Advanced data analysis, once the purview of IT wizards and data scientists, is now in the hands of everyday business users, or “citizen data scientists”.
Forward-thinking enterprises are moving their data to the Cloud to address these seismic shifts. The Cloud offers distinct advantages around supporting business agility, data scalability, elasticity, infrastructure management, speed of processing, cost containment and more. But getting there isn’t simple or easy.
Watch Dave Wells, Data Management Practice Lead, Eckerson Group and Ravi Dharnikota, Chief Enterprise Architect, SnapLogic, for a thought-provoking webcast, highlighting tangible business benefits being enjoyed by innovative enterprises who have moved their data to the Cloud. Key takeaways include:
- How to meet the challenges of migrating your data warehouse to the Cloud
- Practical best practices, key technologies to consider, and case studies to get you started
- The potential pitfalls of “cloud-washed” legacy data integration solutions
- Cloud Data Warehousing market trends
- How SnapLogic’s Enterprise Integration delivers up to 10X improvement in the speed and ease of data integration
Data Management Practice Lead at Eckerson Group
Dave Wells leads the Data Management Practice at Eckerson Group, a business intelligence and analytics research and consulting organization. Dave works at the intersection of information management and business management, where real value is derived from data assets. He is an industry analyst, consultant, and educator dedicated to building meaningful and enduring connections throughout the path from data to business value. Knowledge sharing and skills development are Dave’s passions, carried out through research, consulting, speaking, teaching, and writing. He is a continuous learner – fascinated with understanding how we think – and a student and practitioner of systems thinking, critical thinking, design thinking, divergent thinking, and innovation.
Chief Enterprise Architect at SnapLogic, Inc.
Ravi Dharnikota is Head of Enterprise Architecture and runs the Big Data Practice at SnapLogic. He advises C-suite executives as well as business and technology leaders in Fortune 500 companies on their cloud and big data journey. Ravi’s 17 years at Sun Microsystems, CA Technologies and startups in product development, consulting, architecture and leadership roles gives him a unique perspective on challenges encountered by enterprise IT. You can follow him on Twitter @rdharn1 and @SnapLogic.