SnapLogic Fall 2015: Bringing Big Data Integration to iPaaS
“The Fall 2015 release brings big data integration to iPaaS and allows our customers to achieve maximum benefit from the new hybrid data architecture.”
– Gaurav Dhillon, founder and CEO, SnapLogic
Today SnapLogic announced the Fall 2015 release of our Elastic Integration Platform. The new release is focused on bringing new big data integration capabilities to our unified iPaaS, including including support for Microsoft Cortana Analytics, Spark data processing and a new set of intelligent connectors, called Snaps, for Cassandra.
Partnering with Microsoft to Power Cortana Analytics
SnapLogic’s new partnership with Microsoft will provide customers of both companies a fast on-ramp to advanced analytics in the cloud. Today SnapLogic announced the first product integrations in support of this partnership, including:
- Pre-built Snaps for Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Microsoft Azure SQL Database, and Microsoft Azure Blob Storage. These Snaps provide fast, self-service data connectivity to and from Cortana Analytics and other Azure data services.
- The ability to deploy SnapLogic’s hybrid execution framework – called an Azureplex – on Microsoft Azure with and within Azure HDInsight for fast, scalable big data analytics.
Joseph Sirosh, Corporate Vice President of Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics at Microsoft had this to say about the partnership in the press release:
“The hallmark of Cortana Analytics Suite is helping organizations transform data into intelligent action. A critical part of that data transformation is connecting data sources, no matter where they exist within the enterprise, with big data stores and analytic tools without the overhead of manual integration or provisioning of compute resources. The Cortana Analytics Suite, with SnapLogic data integration dramatically accelerates time to value, and provides a powerful platform for analytics and machine learning in the cloud.”
You can watch Craig Stewart deliver a SnapLogic introduction and overview of our new Cortana Analytics hybrid cloud data integration capabilities in this recent recording at Microsoft. You can learn more about SnapLogic for Microsoft Cortana Analytics here.
Spark Up Your Pipelines
Building on our mantra, “Hadoop for Humans,” the Fall 2015 release delivers code-free big data platform innovation so that you can focus more time on analytics insights and less time on manual big data integration tasks. The Fall 2015 release adds:
- The Sparkplex – Choose to run your pipelines natively on Spark, which is optimal for real-time processing tasks. The Sparkplex consists of a Translator, a Coordinator and Nodes.
- Spark Snap – Quickly create Spark-based pipelines using SnapLogic’s intuitive, drag-and-drop interface. These high-performance pipelines can draw data from virtually any source and are ideally suited for memory-intensive, iterative processes.
With the combination of the new Sparkplex and Spark Snap, SnapLogic customers can enjoy the performance of Spark without the time and effort involved in creating and maintaining hand-coded integrations between data sources and a Spark cluster. You can watch a demonstration of the Spark Snap here. You can sign up for our Spark Early Access Program here.
Other Platform Enhancements
All SnapLogic customers will be updated to the Fall 2015 in October. In the meantime, we’ve recorded a series of short overview demonstrations of the Fall 2015 release to summarize what’s new from a usability perspective, including:
- The ability to create pipeline execution tasks directly from the drag-and-drop interface as well as the ability to re-order tabs in the Designer when working on a number of pipelines.
- For large enterprises using multiple accounts for applications, administrators now have important visibility into which accounts are tied to specific SnapLogic pipelines.
Check out SnapLogic demonstrations here.
New and Enhanced Snaps
We continue to enhance our library of 300+ Snaps for data sources and endpoints on premises, in the cloud or in hybrid cloud environments. New Snaps with the Fall 2015 release include Cassandra and a Streaming Multi-Join Snap that joins two or more streams at a highly optimized performance rate.
Updated and enhanced Snaps include: AWS DynamoDB, Azure Active Directory, Binary File Reader and Writer (AWS Security Token Service support), Eloqua Update, Google BigQuery, JMS, REST Get, Microsoft SQL Server Bulk Load and Oracle RDBMS Bulk Load.
- For more information on the SnapLogic Fall 2015 release, visit www.snaplogic.com/fall2015
- Learn more about our Microsoft Cortana Analytics solution and partnership here
- Connect with the SnapLogic team at Strata+Hadoop NYC
- Connect with the SnapLogic team at Workday Rising this week in Las Vegas
- Connect with us at AWS re-Invent next week in Las Vegas
- Book a live demonstration of SnapLogic’s unified platform for app and data integration