Key Features of the XML Read/Write Snap
Integrate the valuable data from XML files with your corporate decision-making applications. By connecting data from XML files with applications across your organization, you can make data-driven decisions to optimize your business performance and results.
The XML Read/Write Snap supports read and write capabilities on XML files. The source, specified by the filename property, can be a document located on the file system or it can be obtained through ftp or http protocols.
- This Snap reads data from and writes to XML sources
- Inputs can be local files or obtained through ftp or http protocols.
- The XML Read Snap is well suited for retrieving data from applications which have REST or XML query interfaces
- Support for file output or XML generation within a pipeline
- Easy XML generation for some common formats using predefined templates
- Ability to use custom templates for complex XML generation requirements
- The component allows you to specify an XPath root within the document, and subexpressions which are used to parse out field values for the resultant row data
- The number of subexpressions must correspond to the number of fields in the output you define. If the subexpression matches more than one element, they are concatenated together to create a single output field value
- A null value is output for fields that correspond to empty XML tags
Learn more about SnapLogic Enterprise Integration Cloud here.